Snow Event Assignments
DECISIONS: Hugh will make decisions for weekend Children’s Shows by 7am, weekday Children’s Matinees by 6am (or based on school system), and Mainstage/Concert Shows by 12noon. We do not discuss the possibility of a snow cancellation with the public until a final decision has been made. Until then, the show is definitely on. We will not make decisions until we are within 24 hours of the show.
SHOVELING: If show is ON, build in an extra 90 minutes before normal start time, to allow for clean up.
- From the Box Office doors, up the handicap ramp to the top of Golden Hill Street, including the drop off area at the top of the stairs along Golden Hill Street. (MATT WITH SNOW BLOWER/THEN CREW ON SHOVELS TO FOLLOW)
- WE DO NOT DO THE BROAD STREET STEPS! The city crew will take care of this.
- Salt, shovel and use salt spreader from the steel door exit, past the trash room gate to the box office. (MATT WITH SNOW BLOWER/THEN CREW ON SHOVELS TO FOLLOW)
- Shovel and salt from the entrance to the parking lot along the sidewalk on Lyon Terrace to the corner of Golden Hill Street. (AVAILABLE CREW)
- Salt and shovel the Balcony Fire Escape to the landing by the kitchen exit. (GENSUR)
- Backstage Fire Escape (GENSUR)
ICE MELT: Ice melt is located in the trash room. Use the ice melt in the 5 gallon drum and replenish from the backup bags. DO NOT THROW OUT pales when empty. Salt spreader is located in trash room, or by box office doors. Stored in trash room. If we are running low on ice melt, tell MATT immediately. MATT: 207-577-5973
Use ice melt on the sidewalk starting from the Box Office doors, up the ramps and landing at the top of Golden Hill Street. Ice melt should be applied prior to when patrons will be arriving at the Theatre or leaving the Theatre, and maintained throughout the event. Will need 250 pounds of ice melt per snow.
SNOWBLOWER: From the Box Office doors, up the handicap ramp to the top of Golden Hill Street, including the drop-off area at the top of the stairs along Golden Hill Street. From the steel door exit, past the trash room gate to the box office. Parking lot entrance to the stop sign, Front door of this building to landing. MATT/PHILL/GENSUR will use the snowblower, CREW to follow with shovel and ice melt.
PATRONS: Direct them to the website.
ALL DCT STAFF
- Check Website for updates- this will be the most up-to-date source. Crew will start shoveling procedures at 8:30am. Front of House call will be 9am.
- Make decision about cancellation and send out email to all appropriate email groups
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE REPLY TO EMAIL ONCE YOU RECEIVE AND LIST THE THINGS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- If show is ON, plow drop off area
- Call the city to plow the parking lot the night before, if possible
- Coordinate with Josh Conrad (860) 550-3694
- Assign a person to use the spreader to put down rock salt between the box office door and the parking lot. Up the ramp, access to the drop-off area, access to the street and up the side walk and back to the box office. About 50 lbs should do it. This should be done at least 30 minutes before show and again just before the show let’s out.
- Call MATT: 207-577-5973
- Call STAGE MANAGER and CREW (GENSUR: 203-449-0863 / JOHNNA: 203-560-9255 / SARAH: 203-858-2662 / JOE: 203-522-1119/ALEC:570-614-8700
- Jump on snowblower for ramp
- ALWAYS put up caution tape to close down foot traffic on stairs with Signs that point to Ramp
- Shovel and salt
- Update IAN – To log in, go to: http://www.ctweather.com/admincms/login.php Under Department, select “PUBLIC ORGANIZATION” from the drop-down menu Username: DTCabaret Password: golden263
- Call GISELA
- If applicable: contact SANITATION COMPANY (Nick’s Carting/Mike Moore) and CLEANERS (DBS)
- Before leaving the prior day ahead of show, print & save attendee report for all performances.
- Call VICKI: 203-808-4677, BOX OFFICE STAFF
- If show is canceled, call ALL TICKET HOLDERS (including SUBSCRIBERS, SINGLE TICKETS and COMPS). Gisela, Crystal, Megan and Jason to share this project.
- Change the message on the answering machine to notify patrons of the cancellation.
- If shows are canceled, put up pre-printed signage on front doors for patrons who show up anyway.
- Rope off stairs at top of Golden Hill and bottom of stairs near ramp.
- Snow Blower – From the Box Office doors, up the handicap ramp to the top of Golden Hill Street, including the drop off area at the top of the stairs along Golden Hill Street. From the steel door exit, past the trash room gate to the box office
- Call CONCESSION, VOLUNTEERS, WILL CALL
- Call MIKE: 203-258-6908
STAGE MANAGER: SARAH: 203-858-2662 / JOE: 203-522-1119
- Communicate with CAST of Children’s Company/ MST no later than 7:30am/8:30am for 10am/12pm, & 12:30pm/1:30pm for 5pm/8:15pm shows.
- Update website – Alert Bar
- Announce on Social Media Outlets
- Salt and shovel the Balcony Fire Escape to the landing by the kitchen exit. Shovel kitchen exit up to Golden Hill.
- Jump on snowblower for front f 265 to landing
- Shovel from the entrance to the parking lot along the sidewalk on Lyon Terrace to the corner of Golden Hill Street.
- See PHILL for snow assignments
- Shovel and Salt SL exit that goes down to the back of the pool
- Assist with extra setup for the show
- If School Matinees are canceled, contact all school leaders
BOX OFFICE STAFF
- Encourage paid ticket holders to reschedule their reservations or to accept a cabaret credit – refunds are a last resort.
- Maintain a list of any refunds including names, addresses, phone numbers, and amounts. (HH must authorize refunds)
- Remember that if we DO NOT cancel a show there are no refunds for no-shows. Credits may be given, but only with Hugh’s approval.
If you have not been contacted, please refer to the website – MyCabaret.org
STAFF CONTACT LIST
Mike Johnson: 203-372-5070 / 203-258-6908
Vicki Keiffer-Rinkerman: 203-808-4677
Chris Gensur: 203-449-0863