The Downtown Cabaret Theatre seeks an experienced grant writer with excellent research and writing skills, who will be responsible for the writing and administering of current and prospective grants.This is a part-time contracted position. The Grant Writer will report solely to the Executive Producer and will be expected to work 2-3 days a week in office.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Generate LOIs and proposals for current and prospective funders as per deadlines
- Package grant applications and generate attachments for applications
- Generate reports for successfully funded grants
- Maintain a comprehensive calendar of institutional fundraising related deadlines (both proposal and report submissions) and assist in tracking institutional grant activity
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure that financial reports are accurate and reflective of submitted grant budgets
- Heads up bi-annual fundraiser letter/ email campaign
- Generate Thank You Letter and press release pertaining to grants received and donations
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 3+ years writing foundation grants for a non profit organization
- Excellent writing and communications skills. Strong ability to alter tone and adapt narratives to multiple audiences.
- Good oral communication skills; ability to communicate with multiple professional levels in order to obtain feedback on grant awards for reporting purposes.
- Superior research skills
- Ability to prepare budgets and expense reports that are intuitive and easy to understand
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Ability to work independently, be a self starter, flexible, and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
Salary: Base hourly salary with commission
All interested candidates can email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GRANT WRITER”.
The Downtown Cabaret Theatre is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Organization that provides audiences in and around Fairfield County with a wide variety of musical and theatrical entertainment. In a tables and chairs style venue that is a BYOB and Picnic, the Downtown Cabaret Theatre provides three distinct stages of entertainment: Main Stage Theatre, Main Stage Concert, and their award-winning professional Children’s Theatre.