Box Office / Will Call Associate
Downtown Cabaret Theatre, Bridgeport, CT
The Box Office / Will Call Associate will provide event support to the box office management team. The Box Office / Will Call Associate will handle duties in connection with the box office during the weekdays and will call during performances. This is a hourly, seasonal position. Season typically runs from September to May with some exceptions.
Responsibilities, will include but are not limited, to the following:
- Enters ticket sales, accepts payment, processes transactions and exchanges
- Complies with theatre policies of processing and distributing tickets
- Provides event and general theatre information
- Suggests future performance selections
- Keeps box office / will call area clean and clutter-free
- Responsible for financial balance at end of every shift
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 2-5 years of similar experience
- Answers telephone in a professional manner
- Greets patrons in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in the performing arts and/or musical theatre is definitely a plus!
- Working towards a B.A. in Performing Arts, English or related field
- Familiarity with accesso ShoWare℠ or similar ticketing system
- Previous box office / will call experience
Applicants must have a flexible schedule and be available to work nights/weekends. The position will be a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 35 hours depending on demand.
All interested candidates can email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Box Office / Will Call Associate”. Please include your availability in the cover letter.
The Downtown Cabaret Theatre is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Organization that provides audiences in and around Fairfield County with a wide variety of musical and theatrical entertainment. In a tables and chairs style seated venue and a BYOB and Picnic policy, the Downtown Cabaret Theatre provides three distinct stages of entertainment: Main Stage Theatre, Main Stage Concert, and their award-winning professional Children’s Theatre.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Downtown Cabaret Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental ability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic are strongly encouraged to apply.