Downtown Cabaret Theatre (DCT) is seeking a seasonal part-time Stage Manager Immediately through end of May. Work schedule includes evenings, weekends, and some daytimes. Candidate must have stage management experience in professional or educational theatre. Duties include but not limited to stage managing five professional children’s productions including organizing and running all rehearsals and performances, communicating with cast, crew and designers, maintaining all production paperwork and prompt script, and writing and distributing daily rehearsal and performance reports. Candidate must be highly organized, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Local applicants only. Salary $250/wk, no benefits. DCT is a professional non-profit theatre in Bridgeport CT.
Email cover letter and resume to Phill@mycabaret.org Phill Hill, Production Manager. Cut and paste to the subject line of your email Stage Manager to insure your application is correctly filtered.
MARKETING INTERN – SPRING 2016
This position will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will play a key role in assisting with marketing initiatives around the theatre. This position is ideal for anyone looking to gain insight on all marketing sectors within the non-profit event management realm. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment, retain large amounts of information and learn to adapt with changes. This position will require some weekend hours.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in brand and website management
- Take a leading role in special events in and outside the theatre
- Manage, maintain and monitor various marketing initiatives involving email and social
- Research, quote, and pitch ideas/products
- Develop community relationships and engagement
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and take initiative
- Knowledge and experience with programs such as Google Apps for work, WordPress, Mailchimp and Paypal.
- Knowledge and experience in crafting Social Media schedules and copy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Interest in theatre a plus!
Majors in Marketing, Communication, English or similar field welcome to apply. All interested candidates can email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MARKETING INTERN SP15”.
The Downtown Cabaret Theatre is always looking for enthusiastic, customer service-oriented individuals to become volunteer ushers. Our volunteer ushers provide invaluable services by assisting patrons to their seats, answering questions, and most importantly, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for our patrons. As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to meet many new and exciting people as well as having the opportunity to see quality performances. Some of the requirements for becoming a volunteer usher are:
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• The willingness to work as a team and a dedication to patron service.
• The ability to climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be 16 years old
• Must wear and provide your own white shirt, black slacks and solid black flat shoes, no open front or back.
Please e-mail a letter of interest to our House Manager, Victoria Keiffer-Rinkrman at email@example.com with “DCT Usher” in the subject line.